BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Hormones & news stories.. not a good mix

A couple of days ago, there was a fatal car crash, not far from where I live - on a road that I drive down usually at least once a week.  A young man (17) was driving down this particular road - after it had been raining, and he was 'drifting' - showing what a BIG man he was.  Well, this BIG MAN then lost control of his car, went up on the sidewalk - and killed a 4 year old boy and badly injured his 6 year old brother, before smashing through someones fence.  

I heard about the incident on the evening news, and as soon as I had heard it, burst into tears.  What an awful thing to happen to that family - losing one precious little guy, and having another in a serious condition... I kept imagining how it would feel, and all I could do was cling on to Gaby, and thank my lucky stars, that she was there with me - alive...  I also felt immense anger at this BIG MAN - a moments carelessness, stupidity, idiocy - whatever you want to call it, ruined a families life forever - and ended an innocent childs life.

Because the BIG MAN that was driving the car isn't 18, he probably won't even go to jail.  Not for any decent amount of time anyway.  I imagine he will have been strongly effected by the incident, and probably feels awful for what he caused, but at the end of the day, he's going to get a smack on the hand, and probably be allowed behind the wheel of a car again in a couple of years.... for ENDING A LIFE...  It just doesn't make sense.

0 comments: