BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Love you times infinity

One of the sweetest moments of my parenting life happened today, while driving in the car with Gaby.  She was in her carseat in the passenger seat, because I had a whole bunch of boxes in the backseat & boot - she looked at me & smiled and said "Mummy, I love you" - then took my hand in hers, and held it the whole way home - a good 20 minute trip.  Luckily the road was very much straight & easy to drive with one hand!  

Everyone asks me how much trouble I'm having with Gaby, being that I have a baby on the way, and she's at an 'awkward age' - and it bothers me that EVERYONE ASKS, because to be honest - Gaby is wonderful!!!!!  The only time I have troubles with her, is when she's tired and needs to go to sleep.  She is funny, she is sweet, she does as she asks, she's excited about the baby coming, she loves having cuddles, she always tells me she loves me, she's always making me laugh.. there are none of the tantrums or bad behaviour that everyone seems to expect that she'll be displaying.  

Truth be told - I have never loved Gaby more than I do right this second, and I almost cry when I look at her, and think about how wonderful she is.  She really is a treasure, and such an easy child.  I have pulled her out of kindergarten, because I missed having the time to spend with her, when she was at kindergarten... she's still going to preschool, but she isn't going to kindergarten for the 3 afternoons a week, that she was going. 

I always thought the saying "Love you to the moon and back" was just a romantic bit of hooplah - but now I completely understand it - and I DO love Gaby 'to the moon and back'.. I love her times inifinity!

0 comments: