BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Appointments galore!

Wednesday I had a midwife appointment, and I remembered just how amazingly wonderful my midwife - Julz, is!!!!  She is so friendly, funny & knowledgable, I always leave her appointments, feeling fabulous!  She got me to explain what had happened on Monday, with my seizure, trip to the hospital etc, and she was sympathetic - especially about the doctor not being able to find the heartbeat (on his ANCIENT DOPPLER!).  We had a talk about what I can expect seeing the high risk ob, and that she wasn't sure if I would see the high risk ob right the way through now, or if it would just be a one off appointment...  I don't mind either way, I am more than happy just seeing Julz, but what pregnant Mama is going to complain about extra monitoring?! 
- my blood pressure is fine
- my urine was free of all nasties (glucose, blood, protein)
- fundus is measuring spot on
- found heartbeat a lot faster than at the hospital, and it was 155-162bpm!
I go back to the midwife on February 9th.

At my m/w appt, Julie also gave me my form to arrange my 19-21 week (anatomy) ultrasound, which I rang up and scheduled this morning, and it is for January 29th @ 9.30am, being a Friday it means that my Mum can come, and I have told my Dad that he is more than welcome to come too - but I'm aware that that might be a bit 'girly' for him.  Hehe. I'm already way excited about it & counting down the days - because I will (hopefully!) get to find out if baby is a girl or a boy!  I don't mind whether it is a girl or a boy - another girl will be awesome, but a little boy will be super special as well.  All my gut instincts have been saying GIRL GIRL GIRL GIRL GIRL, to the point where I haven't considered that this baby COULD be a boy (besides choosing a name!), and I warned Mum that if it does turn out to be a boy, I may very well faint right there on the table! 

Today when I got back from our day out with Mum, I found that my appointment with the high-risk ob @ the hospital, has arrived in the mail, and that appointmet is for February 4th @ 1.40pm.  I am a little nervous about that particular appointment, because I am sure it'll be somewhat more 'serious' than my midwife appointments - and I'm also nervous because I will be finding out the potential risks that my (epilepsy) medication could have on the baby... my midwife assured me she's had plenty of patients on that medication before, and the babies have all been fine, so I'm taking that as a good thing...

0 comments: