BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Going to need to become an encyclopedia!

Oh my - Gaby has started with 'the questions'...  We went to the beach earlier this week, and Gaby asked me to explain:
- what the ocean is
- how the salt gets in the water
- why you can't see the salt in the water
- why there is sand at the beach
I could explain easily enough what the ocean is, but really had no idea about the other 3 questions - I am going to start needing to read encyclopedias, so I can keep up with all her questions.  I'm sure that there will be plenty more to come.....

It is pretty cool that she is so inquisitive, and wants to know more about the world around her - it proves to me that she really is moving from toddler, to preschooler... and I guess it is another milestone that she has reached!  Very exciting!  I am wondering if I should start arming myself with "why is......", "what is......" type books - so that when she has one of her big questions, I can whip the book out & answer it properly for her.... and in a manner that she will understand.  Sometimes it's a bit hard coming up with the proper terminology, for her to understand....

Not long and I'll probably be asking HER to answer questions, for ME - or I'll be learning things from her, when she gets home from school.  Very scary thought!

0 comments: