BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, December 13, 2009

"No - I want a GIRL!" & names

I think it is pretty accurate of me to say, that Gaby wants a little sister!  A couple of days ago, I was trawling through baby name websites, looking for the *perfect* boys name - because while girls names sing out to me, boys names don't...  I was going through my list of boys names, asking Gaby which name she liked..

"do you like Jackson?"
"NO"
"do you like Jacob?"
"NO"
"do you like Kaidyn?"
"NO"
"do you like Kayleb?"
"NO"
"do you like Jameson?"
"NO - I WANT A GIRL!"
... it made me laugh - she had such conviction in her voice!

As it stands, I have now decided on THE boys name & THE girls name, for this little bundle of joy.  If baby is a boy - his name will be Lucas Warrington-James.  Warrington & James, are the names of both of my Grandfather's who have passed away, and I've always wanted to tribute them, by using their names as part of one of my childrens middle names.  If the baby is a girl, her name will be Emersyn Georgia-May.  Georgia is a name that Gaby likes, and I thought it'd be nice to let her feel part of naming the baby... and May is my Mum's middlename, and I wanted to name a daughter after her. 

Now I just need to wait until the 20 week ultrasound, to find out whether baby is indeed an Emersyn, or a Lucas!  Jason & I had decided to not find out the sex of the baby - but now that we're not together, I *want* to know what the sex of the baby is, so that I can get better prepared, as far as buying appropriate clothes etc etc.  I was quite happy waiting until after baby was born to buy girl/boy clothes - but i know money will be even tighter when the baby arrives, so if I can start stocking up after the 20w u/s, it will make things a lot easier.  If Jason doesn't want to know the sex of the baby still, that is fine - I won't tell him, I completely understand his reasons for wanting it to be a surprise...

0 comments: