BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, December 14, 2009

Splishn' Splashn' Fun!

The past two days I have taken Gaby to QEII swimming pool - and we have had such a GREAT time!!!!!  It's been awhile since I took her to the pool, and I have to say, it is a lot more enjoyable now!  She is starting to get adventurous in the water, wanting to kick, wanting to play on the floaty toys, and wanting to be carried out to the deep end (which is hard, with me being so short! LOL!)... not to mention going around the river.  Yesterday we spent two hours in the water, and today it was a little under two hours... she probably would have stayed all day if I had let her!

Now I am thinking, it is important for me to get her into some Swimsmart swimming classes.  Ever since I can remember, I have been confident in the water, and been able to swim - and I want the same for Gaby.  I don't want her to be 6 or 7 & to have NO idea what to do, if she falls into a swimming pool, etc etc - I don't care if she's not an A grade swimmer, but I am sure I'd feel more reassured (as a parent), knowing that she knows how to float, and tread water, etc etc.  I will hopefully get her signed up for Term 1, 2010 - seeing as Term 4, 2009 is almost over. 

Seeing as Kindy is over for the year now, I think I might try to take Gaby to the pool three times a week, on days where she WOULD have had Kindy, so that her days aren't as boring... it's something I know that we can do no matter what the weather - and it's only $3.00 for me & her to get in, so it's hardly going to break the bank!  Hopefully if it's a regular thing, when she starts her swimming classes, it's not going to be such a huge transition for her....

0 comments: