BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Sadly, last night our precious kitty cat - Fluffy, was killed by a hit & run driver.  A lady who lives over the road happened to be out for a walk and saw the whole thing happen, and got a friend of hers to alert me.  She died almost instantly, so didn't suffer too long.  I did think however that Gaby would suffer for a long time, and had no idea how to tell her.

I ended up just being honest - I told her that someone in a car had hit Fluffy when she was crossing the road, and that Fluffy was now dead - that she wasn't breathing, or moving, that she couldn't run around with Gaby anymore, that Gaby wouldn't be able to play with her, and that she'd be getting buried in the ground at Nan & Poppa's.  I waited for the tears...

No tears followed.  Instead she gave me these little gems....
- "Fluffy is naughty because she didn't look before she crossed the road, and that's what happens if you don't look!"
- "Wow!  Fluffy died really well!!!!!"
- [regarding Poppa digging a hole in his garden for Fluffy] "I want to have a hole too!!!!!!!"

.... she certainly knows how to make light of a sad situation!

0 comments: