BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, November 16, 2009

Countdown to vacation...

Thursday morning at 8.35am, Gaby and I fly out of Christchurch - headed for Queenstown!  Terri paid for our flights, as a combined birthday/christmas present for me - luckily she got cheap flights, so it didn't cost her an arm and a leg!  I can't wait to see how Gaby is on the aeroplane this time - last time we went on one, she was about 22 months old, so not really old enough to get excited about it.  But now she's 3 - and loves aeroplanes, and I'm sure she'll have a blast!!!!

Right now I'm trying to catch up on all the washing, so we have enough changes of clothes to take away with us (and enough to come home to!), times like this I remember why after every holiday I say "right, I NEED to keep on top of laundry"...  At least with Gaby being a bit older, I don't need to take quite so many changes of clothes for her, or as many odds & ends!  I figure all I need to take for her, other than clothes, is some nappies for night time, and her wipes.  I'll put some toys & books in her carry on luggage, for the plane - but I don't think she'll be too fussed about toys while we're away.. too much else going on!

Friday & Saturday night we are staying in Wanaka (around 1 hour from Queenstown) with my Grandma, which will be great - always nice to spend time with family!  Gaby doesn't get to see her too often, so any time we get to spend with her, is special.  We'll also get to see my cousin, Stacey, while we are in Wanaka - she is newly engaged, so I have some bling to inspect!!!!!!! 

I hope Gaby behaves well - I know that people don't EXPECT her to be an angel, but I always feel somewhat guilty when we go to someones house, and she acts up.  I'm sure that it bothers *me* more than it bothers anyone else, and I'm thinking it's a normal part of being a parent. 

0 comments: