BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Night-time dryness training.....

I would love for Gaby to be out of nappies completely, by the time this bub arrives... at the moment she is only in them at night, so it isn't too bad - but at the moment her morning nappy removal strongly disagrees with my morning sickness, and always sets me running for the bathroom!  

I've noticed Gaby wakes up around 1.30am, so I asked her today if it is because she needs to do wees or poos, and she said it is... I'm not sure if it REALLY is or not, but after her saying that, I went & bought her some Pull Up's, and told her that if she wakes up in the middle of the night to do wees or poos, that she can go to the toilet & do it, that she doesn't NEED to do it in her nappy.  She seemed to like the idea when we were talking about it - I made it clear that it is FINE if she doesn't wake up to go, and goes in her nappy (well, her Pull Up!), I also told her that if she wants me to take her to the toilet, that is fine as well - and that she can wake me up whenever she wants to.

I have no idea if this is going to work or not - she hasn't REALLY shown signs of being ready for night training - ie she is still waking up with wet, dirty nappies - but i thought it was worth a shot, if the reason she is going in her nappy, is because she thinks she HAS to at night time.  It's all she's known since she was born, so I think it makes sense! 

Yesterday I reached the 7w0d mark in my pregnancy - it always makes me feel good to know that another week has passed - especially in the first trimester... Right now I am concentrating on week-by-week, but the ultimate 'focus point' right now, is definately making the 12w mark, and having our 12w u/s & seeing a living, moving fetus....  My breasts have gotten really sore the last two days, so I am hoping that is a good sign that things are still going well in there!

Gosh, if I'm 7w now, and will be scheduled for a c/s around 38w, that means there is only around 31w of this pregnancy to go!!!!!!!  Now, THAT sounds good!

~stick little bean, stick~

0 comments: