BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, November 8, 2009

really excited about Christmas!

I've always liked Christmas - but this year, I have a feeling the whole experience is going to be extra special.. because of Gaby!  This year Gaby KNOWS who Santa is, and what he's 'all about' (ie presents!) - and everyday she tells me "it's almost Christmas", and talks about what she is going to ask Santa for, and that she needs to be a good girl for Santa to come... 

Santa is usually in the malls around the 9th December, and I cannot WAIT to take her to sit on Santa's knee!!  Last year I took her, but she SCREAMED when it came time to sit on his knee, so it was a bit of a fizzer - but I think this year she will be more than happy to go and sit on Santa's knee & tell him she wants "lots of Dora stuff"!  We are also going to take her to the big Santa parade this year as well - and I can't wait!  It's always on the first Sunday of December, and Sunday is Stu's day to have her, so I was kind of upset that I couldn't take her...  So I decided to just be straight up & ask if he minded if I took her this year - I did tell him if he wanted to - that seeing Sunday is 'his' day, that he could just take her... but luckily for me, he thought it would be best if I took her (ie. it'd be too much responsibility for him to keep an eye on her for that whole time).

We are going to get her a bike for Christmas, and I can't wait to see her face when we give it to her - it's going to be priceless (I hope!).  I found the bike I wanted to get her, last week - and as soon as Dec 1st rolls around (and we can use our Christmas Club card), I will be going out to buy it, before anyone else takes it!  Of course it's a Dora one, and I noticed they have Dora helmets as well - so she should get her wish of "lots of Dora stuff"...  It was really freaky when we were at K-Mart last week & she hopped on the 2 wheeler & rode off... I expected her to need some help to get going, but nope - it seemed to come naturally to her!  That said, I am thinking that she may have a bike at her father's house, which would make sense as to why she was so confident on it!

By the time Christmas rolls around, I will be in the 2nd trimester, and hope to be feeling a bit more alive, and like my old self.  I really don't want to be puking all Christmas day - or falling asleep by lunchtime!  We should get our 12w u/s in the first half of December - and I just hope that we get a good result - I keep getting worried that I've had a missed miscarriage, though I know that I have no reason to think that.  I still have my symptoms, and surely if I had had a missed m/c, my symptoms would have gone away.  Either way, by Christmas we'll know what is going on with our bubs, and hopefully it will be a joyful day, knowing that my big girl is happy & healthy - and being spoilt rotten, and that my little bubba is growing safely inside my belly!

0 comments: