BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Happy Birthday, Gaby!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BABY GIRL!


Gaby, 8.30am - Oct 26, 2010 - 7 1/2 hours old

Today is Gaby's 3rd birthday!!!!  We woke up at 6.30am, I got out the remainder of her birthday presents & she opened them.  She LOVED the LeapFrog 'Scribble & Write', and kept calling it her 'computer', she played with it for a good half hour or so, which I thought was impressive!  She kept telling us "it's my happy birthday today, I'm 3" - verrrrry cute, you could tell she feels like she's oh-so-important today!


Gaby & Mummy cuddles 
approx 19 hours old


Wow, so this time three years ago, we were just awaiting our first visit from Poppa, on his way to work.  We'd been back in our room for about 2 hours - after a 3 1/2 hour stint in the recovery room...  I'd have been feeling pretty doped up on the pain relief they had given me after my caesarean, and I wouldn't be able to take my eyes, off the precious baby girl who was sleeping in her little bassinet, right next to me.  That first day was so surreal, I guess in part because of the drugs, but also because my dream had finally come true, and it felt like it was a dream...  I couldn't believe that *I* had a baby, that *I* was a Mummy - lovely things like that didn't happen to me, they happened to other people!


2 days old

What have i learnt in my 3 years as a Mama?  I've learnt you will never love someone, as much as you love your own child/ren... I've learnt that baby kisses are the best...  That hearing the words 'I love you Mummy', is the magic fix-all...  I've learnt that kids have a mind of their own and you often need to change your parenting 'strategy', to work best with them... I've learnt that you WILL lose your temper with your child - but that when they are asleep, no matter how devilish they've been during the day - your heart will still be overwhelmed with love.  I've learnt so much more than that, but those are some of the main lessons...


A couple of weeks old



-----------------------------------


Now for the 'downer'...  I woke up this morning & am now bleeding, so I *know* that I am going to miscarry in the very near future.  If it was anyone else, I'd say "stay positive - spotting/bleeding in early pregnancy isn't unheard of", but for *me*, I know what it means.. I've been here too many times, to believe that the outcome of this bleeding, can be anything other than the 'norm' - a miscarriage.  Right now I am just focusing on the fact that I have Gaby, that she's alive, happy & healthy....  It's the most imnportant thing.. right!

0 comments: