BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, October 19, 2009

Reassurance is pain!

Tomorrow I am 5w0d pregnant - 1 week down, many many more to go!  The past couple of days I've been feeling quite reassured that this pregnancy is doing what it should be - mainly because my breasts have been feeling increasingly tender, and just plain sore!  It's wonderful to feel the way I did when I was pregnant with Gaby, because obviously there was a very positive outcome with that pregnancy... at the same time though, I forgot how painful it could be!  But if this pain means things are going well, then I will man up & accept it - it's kind of a nice reminder that I have a little bub growing in my belly!


As far a my other symptoms go - I still have my morning sickness & nausea, I'm having little cramps here and there, and my heartburn is a constant companion...  Hopefully the morning sickness won't last the whole time, like it did with Gaby - I think with Gaby I had about 3 weeks where I wasn't being sick!  But even through the sore breasts, the cramping, the vomitting, the nausea, the heartburn - I wouldn't want to change anything for the world!  At the end of the day it is a small sacrifice to make, for such an amazing outcome!


We told Gaby yesterday, about the baby - purely for the reason that she was getting so distraught when I was vomitting, that I was afraid it could do some form of long lasting harm to her.  We simply told her there is a baby growing in Mummy's tummy, and the baby growing makes Mummy feel sick sometimes - and that Mummy isn't 'spitting' (as she calls it), because something is wrong, just because the baby is growing.  I made sure to use the term 'our baby', so that she feels involved.  She was very cute, she started talking about how the baby will have it's own carseat, it will have baths & she will read it books...  I think she's old enough to grasp the very basics of the idea, and I think we might get a book in the next couple of weeks, specifically for little children who are going to become big brothers/sisters.


Gaby really doesn't feel like 'my baby' anymore...  She's 3 in six days time - and she is going to be a BIG sister - I guess there will be another baby to take over the role of 'the baby' in my life.  I just hope that we manage the whole thing, in a way that doesn't leave Gaby feeling left out, or as if she's not so important anymore... because that couldn't be further from the truth!!!

0 comments: