BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Kia ora! Welcome to my blog

This blog is all about me... Emma Jane Oakden, SAHM (stay at home Mum), age 26, from Christchurch (New Zealand). Eldest daughter of Vicki & Richard. Big sister to Terri. Proud Mummy to Gaby. Loving partner to Jason. Forever missing my nephew, Brodie. Cousin to many. Niece to many. Grandaughter to a couple. Quite simply, Emma.

Relieved to say that Gaby is at preschool today - her hours got cut as of last week, so rather than going 3x a week, she has been 1x a week - and I'm just not used to ALL that time with - well, with her and her almost-3-year-old attitude!!! I find I am either laughing at her constantly, or trying my very hardest not to yell at her, it's like there isn't a midway point, any balance - I am coming to learn, it is the joy (& challenge) of being a parent to a happy, healthy child. I can't complain too much that she's developing as she should be, but it would be nice if just for a couple of weeks, she could go back to being around 6 months old. Cute as heck. Funny as anything. And quiet!

As much as Gaby can frustrate me, it doesn't stop me wanting to add to our brood. We are currently 3/5 of the way through our 3rd cycle, TTC our first baby together - we are both trying to be relaxed about it, but as the months go by, that starts getting a little harder. I am now 7DPO, and did my first (most likely, of many) HPT today - and of course it was a BFN. I EXPECTED a BFN, but part of my brain was saying "well, maybe it won't be!!!". I will test again in the morning with FMU, but even then I'll only be 8DPO, so probably still too early for a BFP, if I am pregnant. I purchased a 2 pack of 'Discover' tests - they detect levels at 10-15mIU, and the pack states that that is 'as early as 4 days before your period is due'. I could be good & save the test I've allotted for tomorrow, for 10DPO, but that'd mean waiting a whole other 3 days to test! We both know that it'll happen when it's meant to, but I can't help but hope reaaallllly reallllllllly hard, that this cycle is 'when its meant to'.

I'm going to give blood today, they have a donation day at Burwood Hospital, and since I am 2 minutes down the road, with nothing to do - I figured, why the heck not! I haven't given blood in years, but it is something that I really should start doing regularly... it's such an important thing to do, and can help so many people - I particularly like that if I donate blood, I could potentially help save a newborn baby, or a new Mama. It isn't as if it is a painful process, and it doesn't take too long to do

0 comments: